There are only four more days until I am in Africa!!! This is such an exciting time for me and I am so happy that many of you will be keeping up with my travels. Besides checking off multiple 'to-do' lists and getting all the last minute details, there is not too much going on except anticipation for departure day.
I am so excited, nervous, anxious, thankful, and overwhelmed at the opportunity that is before me. For so long I have been talking about going, planning to go, and lately I've be preparing for every second, but just recently has it felt less like a dream and more like a reality. I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to travel, learn about others, myself and God, and to grow spiritually, emotionally and mentally. One of my favorite things about visiting new places is continually learning to trust God. He is always so faithful.
Your prayers will be greatly needed while I travel. Safety as I travel and switch flights in Washington DC, Amersterdam, and finally Kampala, Uganda! Endurance as I will be traveling for 36 hours and starting classes the next morning. A clear, level head as the first few days will be flooded with many new cirucumstances, and also for an open mind to accept and adapt to such a new surrounding.
I hope to be hearing from some of you also. You may not be traveling to Africa or traveling at all , but it is always nice to hear what is going on in your lives. As many have asked how I can be reached there are two options. Probably the quickest and easiest way to reach me is through e-mail. I will me using my yahoo account which is:
liquidice076@yahoo.com
Also, if you would like to send a card, letter or package no bigger than a padded envelope you may send it to my campus address, which is:
'Nicole McHargue'
Uganda Studies Programme
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4
Mukono, UGANDA
I am so excited, nervous, anxious, thankful, and overwhelmed at the opportunity that is before me. For so long I have been talking about going, planning to go, and lately I've be preparing for every second, but just recently has it felt less like a dream and more like a reality. I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to travel, learn about others, myself and God, and to grow spiritually, emotionally and mentally. One of my favorite things about visiting new places is continually learning to trust God. He is always so faithful.
Your prayers will be greatly needed while I travel. Safety as I travel and switch flights in Washington DC, Amersterdam, and finally Kampala, Uganda! Endurance as I will be traveling for 36 hours and starting classes the next morning. A clear, level head as the first few days will be flooded with many new cirucumstances, and also for an open mind to accept and adapt to such a new surrounding.
I hope to be hearing from some of you also. You may not be traveling to Africa or traveling at all , but it is always nice to hear what is going on in your lives. As many have asked how I can be reached there are two options. Probably the quickest and easiest way to reach me is through e-mail. I will me using my yahoo account which is:
liquidice076@yahoo.com
Also, if you would like to send a card, letter or package no bigger than a padded envelope you may send it to my campus address, which is:
'Nicole McHargue'
Uganda Studies Programme
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4
Mukono, UGANDA
4 comments:
I love you, I love you, I love you! I wish I was going with you:)
I love you Nicole! I'll be praying for you as I know what you are going through. I hope to see you while we're both there. You are going to have such an amazing time! I'm so excited for you!
Hi Nicole! As I type this, you are on your way across the Atlantic to Amsterdam...I am so excited for you! It won't be life as usual anymore - who knows what is "usual"? I look forward to your blog entries, and promise to pray for you. I'll take care of your mom, too, when she misses you. :-) Love, Auntie Mom
Now you've been THERE for 4 days!! So glad to hear your voice! I can sense your excitement!
Post a Comment