... this is what my blog was called when I found her.
I was recently intrigued to look for this blog that I made so long ago. I had a slight sense of anxiety knowing that I had thoughts and recordings of my life aimlessly wandering the internet world - who knew who has been reading my blog without my knowing. So, last night I set in search to retrieve my blog. It was not as easy as I had hoped. The thought to make a new blog crossed my mind, but that still meant these thoughts would be aimlessly wandering the internet world - And, to be honest, I really wanted to re-read about my time Uganda. So I pursued my search.
It wasn't until early this morning that I found it. And this was the name.... "Time is a Dressmaker Specializing in Alterations"
NO WONDER I COULDN'T FIND IT!
My only two thoughts on this are: 1) someone got into my account and changed the name or 2) I may have accidentally copy and pasted something into the title. This title may be one of the farthest descriptions of any part of my life!
Since the last time I logged in was 2010 I have no way to recall what could be the cause.
I am just happy to be back.
I spent the better part of the afternoon reading about my life 5 years ago. (WOW! That seems so long ago!) It was refreshing to see that, even though a lot has changed, I am still very much the same person inside. Also, this might be a selfish, conceited thought, but I was slightly impressed at my writing ability. Obviously I no novelist, but my thoughts were clear and the vernacular was sort of impressive, or at least to me it was...
I could have never imagined my life the way it is - 5 years ago. But looking back on my past expressions, I am content with my growings, findings, and adventure.
Life in New York:
Has been asked: "Are you living your dream?"
I have thoughts on this question... Dreams - are amazing. Some express it as an unrealistic reality, the craziest place they've been, etc. You hear people say things like, "I had the weirdest dream last night..." When I think of dreams, strange, unpredictable things happen in them. Nothing is ever expected, people that you 'know' look like other people, you do things that are very out of character for yourself, you end up in strange places, etc. Get my drift? A dream is never a perfect world that you would want to live in forever.
So, am I living my dream? Yes! I made it to NYC! and I am teaching! There are absolutely wonderful things about both of those topics. However, neither of them are perfect. There have been and will continue to be struggles. Was any of this what I imagined or 'dreamed' it would look like? Not a chance!
Would I change it to go back? Of course not!
I tend to believe that all things happen for one reason or another.
In alignment with that statement, I feel blessed to have gotten where I am now. In the span of visiting for a 2-week period, I found a job and an apartment. My job ended up to be amazing and I met so many great people there that helped me acclimate to my new home. It was exactly what I signed up for - restaurant work, a break from teaching (that I needed). My apartment; no it's not my favorite, but I met the greatest roommate ever. Things have worked out so well between us, especially considering it was an at random meeting on craigslist! Surprisingly enough, our lease is up this month, so I am moving locations to a nicer apartment, but keeping the same awesome roommate.
Within five months, I was offered a teaching job! I was thrilled! But, as in a dream, it hasn't turned out perfect, but it's a foot in the door to the teaching world in NYC. I am learning to find/search for the good in all situations. I'm learning to use my connections and enjoy where I am at.
Since we're all caught up from my 5 year lapse, I'll leave you with this...
adventures aren't always perfect or easy - but they're always worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment